PHI ALPHA HONOR SOCIETY
Applications for programs 1-6 can be submitted by clicking Here
Applications for programs 7-8 are submitted
by contacting Tammy Hamilton, Coordinator, at email@example.com or (423) 439-7467
Council in Social Work Education - APM
October 24-27, 2019
Association of College Honor Societies Annual Council Meeting
February 13-17, 2019
Association of Baccalaureate Program Directors Annual Conference
March 13-17, 2019
Phi Alpha hosts an exhibit booth at the conferences below. Please stop by and we will gladly answer questions and share upcoming Phi Alpha opportunities. Pick up free Phi Alpha merchandise and meet the Phi Alpha Executive Board.
(1) Chapter Service Award - recognizes outstanding service conducted by chapters. Four $500 awards are presented per year. Phi Alpha reimburses up to $1,000 per chapter in travel expenses to participate in the poster presentation session at the Phi Alpha International Business Meeting at the Council on Social Work Education Annual Program Meeting held each fall. Deadline 05.31
(2) Patty Gibbs-Wahlberg Scholarship - recognizes student scholarship, service and Leadership. Awards of $3,000. $2,000 and $1,000 are presented each year. The first place Winner receives an all-expenses-paid trip to present her or his work during the Student Session of the Association of Baccalaureate Program Directors conference held each spring. Deadline 05.31
(3) Student Leadership Award - recognizes outstanding student leadership consistent with the ideals and mission of Phi Alpha. The focus of the application is the student’s leadership, service, impact, and commitment. The awards are: (1st) $1,000, (2nd) $750, and (3rd) $500. The first place selection will receive an all-expenses-paid trip to receive their award at the Phi Alpha Honor Society International Business Meeting held during the Council on Social Work Education Annual Program Meeting. Students are nominated by their Phi Alpha Chapter Advisor. Students must be active leaders of a Phi Alpha to be nominated. Deadline 05.31
(4) Advisor of the Year - recognizes outstanding service to chapters. Advisors are nominated by their students. A plaque is awarded. Phi Alpha reimburses all travel expenses to receive the award at the Phi Alpha International Business Meeting at the Council on Social Work Education Annual Program Meeting. Deadline 05.31
(5) Poster Presentation Competition - recognizes outstanding service by chapters. Awards totaling $1,500 are presented each year. The competition is held in conjunction with the Phi Alpha International Business Meeting at the Council on Social Work Education Annual Program Meeting. Deadline 10.01
(6) Chapter Grants - promotes and support chapters’ engagement in service learning. The program supports activities consistent with the mission of promoting: (1) humanitarian goals and (2) bonds among students. Chapters are be funded up to $1,000 to conduct service projects in their communities. $6,000 is awarded each academic year. Chapters submit a brief account following the service project.
Deadline 09.01 & 01.01
(7) Student Membership Support - is designed for students eligible for Phi Alpha membership whose situation makes it a challenge to pay membership fees. Each chapter receives 2 memberships per academic year at no cost. Chapters are responsible for any chapter fees.
(8) Chapter Support - supports chapters in organizing membership and new member recruitment. Running through April 2019, chapters may ask for and receive up to $100 toward an event or meeting. Chapters are asked to organize membership and invite students who are eligible to join Phi Alpha. Funds may be used for refreshments, materials, or other items. Chapters will also receive a Phi Alpha tabletop display. Chapters submit a brief account following the event or meeting.
(9) MSW Scholarship - recognizes student scholarship, service and leadership. Awards of $3,000, $2,000 and $1,000 are presented each year. The first place winner receives an all-expense-paid trip to present her or his work during the Phi Alpha Executive meeting in conjunction with the Council in Social Work each fall.